Sunday, October 19, 2014

Honesty

Honesty is at the foundation of every relationship. Without honesty, the relationship sinks into one of deception and mistrust and is left sadly lacking.

As a younger man, I wasn't always honest and I hurt some of those closest to me, including my beautiful wife Anne. And as a corporate leader, I sometimes set a poor example.

But with time and experience and the influence from reading Gandhi, I grew beyond such small and hurtful thinking.

As a result, my marriage grew much stronger and people have learned to trust in me, a trust I will not violate.

If you are seeking a greater depth, a greater joy and more loving relationships, let honesty be your guide and in that honesty, not only will others believe in you, you will believe in yourself.

Dick

No comments: