Monday, October 15, 2012

Love Is When A Tiny Hand Touches Yours

There is no other feeling like the one that comes over us when a small child reaches out to us for the love and security that comes with holding our hand. It touches the deepest part of us.

Last Saturday, my 4 year old granddaughter Carina got so excited when I met her by the school yard equipment where she was playing, her little body jumping up and down as she called out "Grandpa," and then she ran over to me. She hugged me and took my hand, feeling safe and secure in my touch, as we went over to the slide area where she had been playing.

If you want to feel loved and needed, be that towering pillar of gentle strength and love for a small child and suddenly, if even for a few minutes, your life will take on a whole new meaning and your heart will soar.

Dick

No comments: