Saturday, August 4, 2012

Love Is A Big Hug From.A Tiny 4 Year Old

On Wednesday night, Anne's and my daughter-in-law Maria came to our home joined by our grandchildren Cameron 7 and Carina 4. With a burst of energy, Carina raced through our front door and threw her arms around me hugging me as tight as her little arms would allow. At that instant, I knew I was enjoying a piece of heaven, for life doesn't get much better than this.

I hugged her in return and hugged Cameron and then Maria as we welcomed them into our home. It was a sunny summer night of dinner and all the chocolate milk and lemonade the kids wanted. And then they and I played together in the backyard, enjoying the warmth of each other's company, as they played on the swing set and we kicked and tossed some balls around.

When we finally went into the house, it was because it was getting dark and so we could all watch the Olympic Games diving competition, which the kids enjoyed very much. It was an evening filled with fun and happiness and one that will long live in my heart.

Dick

No comments: