Monday, July 9, 2012

"This Is A Great Day"

Last Thursday afternoon, my wife Anne and I took two of our grandchildren, Cameron 7 and Carina 4 to the movies to see "The Amazing Spider-Man," an elaborate and colorful action adventure film.

When the movie ended, Cameron was overwhelmed by what he had seen and was thrilled by the teaser at the end of the credits promoting the next "Amazing Spider-Man" sequel. As he sat on the edge of his seat, Cameron uttered, "This is a great day," as his little face and his little heart beamed with joy.

While we remained in our seats waiting for the crowd to clear, Cameron said his friend Valentin had seen this "Spider-Man" movie the day before and now the two of them could talk about this film and the one to come.

Earlier during the movie, tiny Carina leaned over to me and said, "It's huggy time" and gave me a big hug, and I in turn gave her a big hug, which made my heart glow with joy and I believe hers as well. A bit later, she got up and walked over to Anne and scrambled up onto her lap, which lit up Anne's face in joy, of that I am sure, even in the darkness. 

Having fed our grandchildren hot dogs, popcorn, a slushy and everything else they desired, and then seeing how much they enjoyed the movie, Cameron was right when he said "this is a great day," for it is one we will all long remember with great happiness.

Dick
For more movie details, please see http://www.theamazingspiderman.com/

No comments: